From The Kitchens of The Food Channel
These creamy miniature coconut cupcakes are irresistibly pop-able and easy to make with the help of boxed cake mix.
Why try? Everyone will absolutely love these adorable and scrumptious little cupcakes—perfect for a holiday party.
Foodie Byte: If the boxed cake mix calls for eggs, allow the eggs to come to room temperature before preparing the batter. This will make the cupcakes more tender and help them rise.
This recipe makes 48 mini cupcakes.
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
• 1 box vanilla cake mix, cake batter prepared to package directions
• 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
• 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
• 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
• 3/4 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 1/4 pounds powdered sugar
• 2 3/4 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
• Preheat oven according to box cake mix instructions.
• Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract to the prepared cake batter.
• Line mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill each cup with batter. Bake according to cake mix instructions.
• Remove mini cupcakes from the oven and completely cool on a cooling rack.
• Combine cream cheese and butter in bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth. Add powdered sugar in three equal batches, ensuring mix is combined and smooth before adding the next batch. Add remaining almond and vanilla extract.
• Apply the icing to the cupcakes and top with shredded coconut.(Recipe courtesy of The Food Channel)